Friday, 19 March 2010

Never Too Old to Blog

If ever any of you begin to think you’re too old to blog, do spare a moment or two to visit The Oldest Blogger On Earth.

Elvira S. Oliver, at 99 years of age, claims to be the oldest blogger in the world and the author of  "The Joys of Growing Up Italian". Originally written on an old manual typewriter, at her kitchen table in 1968, her story, it appears, has since been plagiarised on various websites.

I’ve been a regular reader of Elvira’s posts since August, 2009. Each one has been entertaining, thought-provoking and enlightening, and she offers us a wonderful insight into her long life, from growing up in New York's Brooklyn to the present day. Well worth a visit.

© 2010, copyright Martin T. Hodges 

8 comments:

  1. You've made me feel like a mere stripling with this bit of information! LOL! Will now have to check out Elvira...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds wonderful - definitely will follow her blog - fantastic!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, thank goodness for that. I thought that I might have to give up in a decade or so.
    Interesting lady, I had a look. the greatest gift on earth is a lively spirit.
    Let's keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about this. Makes me feel like a veritable whippersnapper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link. She certainly seems interesting. And encouraging! Maybe there's still hope....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I have to blog for 39 more years. Maybe I will run out of material by then. Thanks for sharing the site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. I think we have a consensus. Elvira certainly is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete