Thursday, 24 June 2010

Deep Thoughts



Tomorrow, Friday 25th, we're driving down to Cornwall for a week, to recharge our batteries. I'm hoping to get some writing done somewhere along the way, so the laptop will be coming too. If I can get access to the internet, I might even post now and then.



Anyhow, I'll leave you with this wonderful quote from Speckly-Woo! As we were returning home from a walk to our village shop, yesterday, she noticed the long grasses growing on some nearby common-land. She paused for a moment, and then declared, "I like tall grass, but not deep water." 

Oh for the mind of a child.



© 2010, copyright Martin T. Hodges

14 comments:

  1. Speckly-Woo is a girl after my own heart. Have a wonderful week. I look forward to your writing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good one from Speckly Woo. Have a wonderful time in Cornwall. I look forward to some great photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Speckly Woo's comment...

    I wonder if when you are a child all things are measured against your own height...some feel good, some dangerous....

    Have a peaceful break

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely time.

    I love Speckly Woo's wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the weather holds Martin. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speckly Woo! never ceases to amaze me. She's got quite the wisdom, and at such a young age.

    Wishing you a blissful week.

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speckly Woo's comment was as wise as it was perfect. Have a lovely holiday in Cornwall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see the connection - long grasses sometimes look like water to me. Have a lovely week in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have lovely holiday, the weather is gorgeous presently. Speckly Woo's been on this earth before I'm thinking, Sensible Girl! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a poet. I wonder why?!!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mind of a child, indeed!
    I hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha, lovely!! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.