Friday, 25 March 2011

Crown Prints

You know how it is, you're four years old, and you've been down in the woods collecting materials for making a 'little foresters' crown. Forging a circle of card to the correct fit, can be tricky. Placing appropriate foliage in a regal fashion, even trickier. Still, the addition of an evergreen accessory makes the project worthwhile.


You arrive home, to a fanfare of shrieks from your twin sisters, before ceremoniously placing your craftwork coronet in the hands of your grandfather. He, in turn, places the precious object on a stool so as to get a decent photograph of it. Thankfully, he remembers to move it to a safe spot, after many snaps, to a surface where a person is unlikely to sit.


The twins have also been busy, creating this colourful collection, no doubt representing Spring as they see it.

Thank goodness for digitisation. We're running out of wall-space!

13 comments:

  1. nice style of narration. wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a crown fit for a Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring In Crowning Glory!Lovely Art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How blessed your grandchildren are, as you nurture their natural inquisitiveness, creativeness and wonderful imaginations!

    Their works of art are beautiful!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful creativity - adult and children alike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You three suit each other.
    I bet you have wonderful times together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crown is magnificent, worthy of royalty and the art is precious too. I can see that I have so much joy in store with Harriet, my new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely writing, Martin, and lovely to see those wonderful creations. Oh to be a kid again, full of optimism and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lucky Grandchildren- Lucky Grandpa! I love that wood forest crown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all have so much fun together! I'm quite jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful crown. No doubt spring will offer opportunities for many more such creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids' representations of the world are always the best. I remember when one of my kids drew a red picture and I asked if it was an explosion . Apparently it was a picture of me. I knew not to ask again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I'd left a comment here earlier, but it must have been lost in the ether. As everyone has said these are wonderful examples of your grandchildren's inborn creativity. It's great that you enjoy and encourage them so much. While my parents didn't always have time to give me the attention I craved as a child, my grandparents did and I still miss them and think of them all the time. Grandparents have such an important role to play. Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete