Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Gift From a Flower...

Thirty two years ago, at around 04.30 we were racing in the direction of our local hospital, where Mags and I would receive one of the greatest gifts of our lives, another life…a baby daughter.


So, on this day of birthday celebration, I thought I'd share one of my favourite photographs of Heather, as she was snapped in our garden, wearing her little green duffle coat sometime in the early 80s. Sweet, wasn't she? And, she still is.

Happy birthday Heather. We love you.

5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo, Martin. And Happy Birthday to Heather!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a lovely present 32 year ago this month too, 11 days after yours. Only mine was of the male variety (You’ll have seen him on my Sepia Saturday posts). He was very sweet too....and now he is a big strapping policeman! Aren’t we blessed? Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ms. Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Heather - she certainly was cute in her little duffel coat. I'm sure she's still gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous photo :) Children are the best presents ever!

    ReplyDelete