Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Magic Forest

Kids seem instinctively drawn to the weird and wonderful. So, perhaps the designers of the nursery rhyme characters we discovered in the 'Magic Forest' recognised an opportunity to test the boundaries.

What's the betting that Johnnie's new master will be straight out of a John Wyndham novel?

Tragically, Humpty's looks suffered after all the King's horses and all the King's men were ordered to go work on an egg.
 
If only the maid had been in the garden, hanging out the clothes, she may never have been disfigured in a preemptive blackbird strike within the close confines of the kitchen.

7 comments:

  1. Those are really spooky! Did your granddaughters like them, or run screaming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks rather scary to me. I think today's kids are made of stronger stuff than we were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very rarely Oh My God, but these devastating tableaux deserve it. I thought the first one was terrifying, but the blackbird effort is almost beyond belief. I would love to look into the designer's mind. Twisted mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha - revenge of the blackbird (that will show you for stuffing me in a pie)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear god! This is for the kiddies? I would have run screaming, just as I did when the Wicked Stepmother in Disney's SNOW WHITE appeared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blleeerg, the stuff of nightmares...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids are tough creatures, always drawn to what appears cruel to us. The Brothers Grimm knew all about that.

    ReplyDelete