Thursday, 19 January 2012

TLC

It's been a day of offering a little extra TLC to our SW. She's been quite poorly (it looks like chicken pox) so we called round, with soup, date and walnut loaf, and a box of unseasonal strawberry split ice-lollies.

Only a couple of days ago, she was happily exploiting a little app on my phone. Today she was all hot and bothered, and struggling with a persistent cough and raised temperature. Hopefully, she'll soon be on the mend.




While their sister was tucked up on the sofa, the twins were their usual busy selves. One minute, laying wooden train track in the hall, the next dressing up in Cinderella sling-backs and princess gowns. At one point we were treated to a musical interlude (I knew those little keyboards were a mistake) accompanied by a few improvised ballet movements.


Although it gets a little worrying when our diminutive duo leaves the room to discuss their next surprise.

14 comments:

  1. Aww.they are so cute, Martin:)
    My son had chickenpox last year, there is a fantastic mousse on the market now, I would highly recommend it, it is a miracle cure. I never got chickenpox as a child but got it at 24, it was misery and they hadn't invented the mousse in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s my word verification was 'slanta' which is nearly the 'irish' for good health, how appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless their little cotton socks. Hope all is well again in grandpa land soon. Although if it's chickenpox, there'll be a few more sufferers soon. Not a bad thing to get it over with in one fell swoop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I hope Speckly Woo will get well soon. I remember having the chicken pox when I was five. In fact, I remember it vividly. It's not a happy time for any child! Best wishes to Speckly Woo, and to the twins to stay healthy!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Speckly Woo - hope she feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken pox is horrible, but it’s best to get it all over with at once if possible. Have the twins had it yet? It sounds as though you had a lovely time with the twins, in spite of being concerned for SW. I hope her speckles go soon (almost worth it for strawberry splits!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah poor little girly, chicken-pox is horrible I caught it when I was 32, yeeeuch! Hope the others don't succumb as well and hope she's soon feeling better.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. It isn't fun when they get them. I remember when my youngest was two, waking up with a fever and all broken out with the bumps. He was not happy and I was feeling helpless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor SW -- hope she's better soon. I know what you mean about that sudden ominous quiet when the little ones are out of sight . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope they are better soon (and you don't all catch whatever it turns out to be). Gorgeous photo of the little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuccky pox- I remember when my kiddos had it and how miserable they were. Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Hope Speckly Woo Is On The Mend Now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all, so much for your good wishes. Speckly Woo appears to be making a steady recovery. Now she has a loose tooth to contend with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the steady recovery continues for SW!

    ReplyDelete