Monday, 10 December 2012

You can call me Ga

Today we received a special 'thank you'
from Speckly Woo!


Notice the envelope is addressed to Nanny and Ga.
 

 


 

When the twins had their first stab at calling
me Grandad, it came out as Ga, and now all
three girls have settled on it.

I think there's a certain charm about the word, 'Ga'.
Of course, when the twins are both
vying for my attention, there are choruses
of Ga, Ga! On occasion, I have to remind myself
that this is their name for me, not a reference to
my mental state...yet.
 

11 comments:

  1. I will call you Ga, if you will call me Woonie ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woonie? How did that one come about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ga is the sort of think Grandads say. Normally it has an exclamation mark on the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exclamation marks position themselves arbitrarily around here, Rog!

      Delete
  4. Ga is brilliant! I loved it when I was called Meema and hoped it would stick, but it didn't :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woonie, Meema and Ga. If that isn't a children's story, I don't know what is, Teresa.

      Delete
  5. I haven't earned a name yet - though E has just said her first word ... Wow! (That was it.) The precursor to a lifetime of wonderment, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! is a great word to kick-off with.

      Delete
  6. Martin, your personalized Ga is very sweet. My youngest granddaughter made up up the name for me when she was two and the Swiss "Grossmammi" was to much of a mouth full, she named me goi and grandfather oi, now we are for all of them goi and oi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titania, I'm adding Goi and Oi to my growing list of unusual grandparent names. I think they'll sit quite comfortably alongside Woonie, Meema and Ga!

      Delete
  7. Oh I am so impressed by that thank you! I still think of SW as being about two, which obviously she isn't. Ga, and GaGa, are both great names.

    ReplyDelete