Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Pyrotechnics and Postmodernism

Last evening I was tucked up and fast asleep whilst the corks flew and fireworks lit the sky. But SW was on hand (her first New Year celebration, aged 6) to record the event, as seen on TV.



For my part, I marked the start of 2013 by signing up for a 14 week course - The Modern and the Postmodern. Actually I've signed up for three courses, which will keep my grey matter sizzling right through until July. All this, and a promise to myself that I'll get started on 'the book'...yeah, right!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good start. Happy new year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good intentions, Eva. Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete
  2. excellent beginning! Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Kathe W. Here's hoping for a good one!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Martin. Good look with the course - and get writing that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy New Year to you and yours, Martin. Do let us know all about Postmodernism, if you find out! Perhaps SW understands it. I wouldn't be surprised. Seriously though, good for you to be studying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you'll be busy but sounds awesome - happy new year Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second picture is really rather beautiful. Enjoy the postmodernism, though I'm not entirely sure what it is, either! My grey matter feels stretched enough remembering what I came upstairs for... oh, I know, I was writing a novel too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you, Martin! I hope you enjoy your courses... and my best wishes with the book. I always have those intentions too... alas. :-)

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! And an ambitious beginning to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.