Sunday, 28 April 2013

The Hoomugoos Spiedar

SW slept over last night. Needless to say, we enjoyed a lot of fun and games. But then, like all good authors, she knuckled down to concentrate on her latest work.

(Created by Speckly Woo, with not nearly as interesting subtitles by her Ga)

The Humungous Spider.
Once upon a time, three children were playing, called Alice, Molly and Tom.
"What do we do," said Molly. "I don't know," said Tom and Alice.
"Shall we go in that old abandoned house?" said Tom. "Yes, yes," said Alice. "OK," said Molly.
"Let me and Molly get ready." "OK."
'Come on," called Tom. "Arrrr!"
Then, a spider emerged out of nowhere. "A...n, n, n," said the spider.
"What is wrong," said Molly. "I have no friends," he said. "We can be your friends."
"Oh great," he wept. And that is how the big spider...
...was upset.
THE END

© Speckly Woo

13 comments:

  1. Aw, I love it. Surely she will be a writer one day, especially with you nurturing that talent. This 100+ year old house of mine contains lots of hoomugoos spiedars. There are so many that I don't think they lack friends but I will check next time I see one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jennyfreckles. She's so enthusiastic, I predict a series coming up. Let me know about those spiedars after you get a chance to speak to them.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! And how stylish Alice and Molly are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dig the hats and boots, eh Vicki?

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous. Have emailed you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fran. SW is, as expected, well chuffed.

      Delete
  4. Has SW found an agent yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be special? Who knows, one day maybe.

      Delete
  5. Definitely better than some published children's stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. She was so proud of this one. I had to read it back to her, over and again.

      Delete
  6. Alice and Molly look like they're into 'Steampunk' to me, they're right on trend. I'm afraid I gettison our humongous spiders after I was kindly (in my view) putting one out of the cat-flap and it bit me! There's gratitude for you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.