Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Dress Sense

Our daughter bought a new dress a couple of days ago. In the shop, she seemed delighted with her choice. But after trying it on at home, she wasn't so sure. Yesterday, she announced that she would be returning the dress later in the week.

We were enjoying lunch in the sunshine when she revealed her decision. The twins ('Thing 1' and 'Thing 2') were listening intently.

Mummy: I'm taking that dress back to the shop on Thursday.

Nanny: Oh really, why?

Mummy: I don't know, after I tried it on at home, it just didn't look right. I mean, it's a pretty design and it's the ideal length, but it makes me look...hmm, sort of, well...

Thing 2:  Big?

Mummy: Yes, thank you for that, young lady!

10 comments:

  1. Mummy has learned a valuable lesson; always ask your daughter's opinion first. I find they tell it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't if she's brave enough to ask just yet, Nell.

      Delete
  2. I've always said Thing 1 and Thing 2 are very clever! Ah, the simple joys of childhood, and truth be told!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really have to be on our toes when Thing 1 and Thing 2 are working as a team!

      Delete
  3. Ha, kids certainly talk straight. My aunt reminded me recently that when she was newly wed and trying to impress, she served us home-made jam tarts. Small niece (me) complimented her: 'Just how I like them, Auntie....burnt.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. So priceless! That reminded of the time my daughter, who was about five at the time, seeing me wearing a new top I wasn't quite sure of, said, "You look like a girl in grade seven, Mummy." Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, children have a way with words - then they grow up and learn diplomacy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are always honest! :D Funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That made me laugh out loud. Just today my proposed outfit for a school meeting was described by my daughter as "A bit hippy-fair-ish"! Something a bit less exuberant has now been selected. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.