Monday, 28 April 2014

Not waving...

SW has been having swimming lessons for a few months now. She's progressed really well, as have Things 1 and 2. In fact, she has moved up from 'Red Caps' to 'Orange Caps'. It's probably no coincidence that the girl in her latest (short) story, is wearing an orange cap. Hopefully, that's where the similarity ends.

(I think Molly has ambitions to swim the English Channel)

(Molly is a confident girl)

(she prepares to make a splash!)

(SW shows her darker side and places Molly in peril)

(Thank goodness for lifeguards with long, thin, stretchy arms!)

10 comments:

  1. I just love her art work. She makes very good sense in each scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She possesses a frightening logic, Karen. I'm sure you know what I mean?

      Delete
  2. There's probably some deep psychology at work here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks to me as if, in the last picture, oranged-capped Molly has become the rescuer, and also a member of royalty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I thought that might be a crown too, Christine. I'm reliably informed that it's Molly's hair standing on end with fright.

      Delete
  4. Well done SW - a story with a moral. Molly will never jump in like that without her water wings again!

    ReplyDelete