Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Red is not the only colour

Thought I'd share this little story, written and illustrated by Iris, the youngest of our twin granddaughters. I love her train of thought, and the complete absence of political correctness. 

Red Indian

by

Iris.

In the forest, a Red Indian was calling her Red Indian friend because she wanted to play. They played climbing in the trees.


She wanted to have her other friend, but she was at school. They came down the trees and went exploring, and they saw a cat. The cat was black.


The cat said, "Miaow, come and follow me." The red Indians followed the cat, and saw more Indians. But they were blue, not red!

12 comments:

  1. A most refreshing tale of adventure and quite enjoyable to follow! Bravo to Iris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She has a view of the world, I admire, Karen.

      Delete
  2. I love the minds of children and how they can create without any inhibitions. It is a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, those are my thoughts, too.

      Delete
  3. We live in a colourful world and thankfully she hasn't yet learned to see it differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, long may she continue to see the world in this way.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic. And I love your post title too - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha lovely story - would love to know how she got to blue, but obviously very creative, whatever the reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gabrielle. I love her vision of blue indians, too.

      Delete