Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Replanting


Over a year ago, Ciara Brehony and I thought it might be a good move to start Another Way, a Facebook group where like-minded folk could meet up and share their views and concerns about how kids are educated today. Our blurb reads, “News and views about the way our children are educated, along with possible alternatives and changes that might benefit learning in the 21st Century.”

We now have 213 members regularly contributing to the debate, sharing ideas, experiences, concerns, and best of all, a common goal to improve the system and push for a change in the way we think about teaching and learning.

While my mind has been elsewhere of late, not just focused on matters educational, Square Sunshine has been setting in a rather slow and undignified way. Withering like a once loved, but now neglected house plant. So, before all the leaves fall off I’m changing the soil, and moving the blog to a position where it will hopefully thrive and grow. The intention is to continue sharing my observations as a grandad, but also to reflect educational developments, approaches and choices, as they come to light.

Architects take note.

As a taster, do take some time to familiarise yourself with Takaharu Tezuka’s wonderful, innovative Fuji Kindergarten. It’s a project inspired by his own children. No wonder it’s so good.

A new blog, a place for my personal expression, half-baked ideas, occasional rants, and continued attempts at poetry and photography, is a work in progress. I hope to have it up and running quite soon.   

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to keep every plate spinning. I think my blog will suffer whilst I do the Photography course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, jennyfreckles. Plate spinning isn't easily mastered by everyone. I've been brushing up smashed crockery for years. As for your own blog suffering, I'm sure it will be a very temporary thing, before you come back with a whole load of new images for us to savour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good - maybe you could give Wordpress a whirl ;)

    ReplyDelete